A yummy moist chocolate pudding from BBC2 Something For The Weekend…
225g/8oz butter, melted
2 free-range eggs, beaten
35ml/2fl oz strong espresso coffee
575ml/1 pint full-fat milk
350g/12oz soft dark brown sugar
175g/6oz self-raising flour, sifted
55g/2oz cocoa powder
100g/3Â½oz pecans, chopped
75g/3oz raisins, soaked in brandy
75ml/3fl oz golden syrup
For the sauce
300ml/½ pint double cream
50g/2oz caster sugar
1 vanilla pod, split, seeds scraped out
100g/3½oz pink marshmallows
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3.
2. Place the butter, eggs, coffee, and 125ml/4fl oz of the milk in a bowl and mix well.
3. Add 225g/8oz of the sugar and all of the flour, the cocoa powder, pecans and raisins and mix well. Transfer into a 1.5litre/2 pint ovenproof dish.
4. Meanwhile, place the remaining 450ml/16fl oz of the milk into a saucepan over a high heat and heat to scalding point (just before boiling) then remove from the heat.
5. Add the golden syrup and stir to dissolve.
6. Sprinkle the remaining 125g/4 oz of the sugar over the pudding, then pour the milk mixture over.
7. Transfer to the oven to bake for 50-60 minutes. The pudding should be set on top, but more soft and sticky underneath.
8. To make the sauce, place the cream, sugar and vanilla seeds into a saucepan over a low heat and slowly bring to the boil. Simmer for five minutes to thicken, then remove from the heat.
9. Add the marshmallows and stir to encourage them to melt.
10. To serve, place a large spoonful of the pudding into a bowl and pour the sauce over.